If you’re an African freelancer working with the Amazon Associates program or a KDP writer publishing books and getting paid royalties, you’ve probably thought about how to receive your payments directly into your local bank account.
Previously, you could only get paid via an Amazon gift card. However, thanks to the recent advancement and growth, you can now receive international payments directly to your USD account and place withdrawal directly to your Nigerian bank account.
In this article, I’ll show you how to withdraw your Amazon earnings and convert them to your local currency if you’d prefer.
How to Receive Amazon payments in Nigeria – 2023 (Flaxx Update)
For Amazon affiliates or associates living in Nigeria, you can use two major options to receive payments. They include;
1. Gift Cards
With this option, you can use your earnings from amazon’s affiliate program to purchase directly from the platform.
Now while this is an excellent option if you have short-term needs, there are also shipping fees to consider. Also, you might want to spend some of your earnings on a different platform. But with this payment option, you can only purchase things from Amazon.
2. International Bank Accounts
Once you have a USD, EUR, or GBP account within the 52 Amazon-supported countries, you can get your earnings paid directly into that account.
While the United States, the United Kingdom, and EU countries are included, you cannot receive payments with your domiciliary accounts. This is because these accounts reside in your home country and do not meet their requirements.
Fortunately, all Flaxx foreign bank accounts are domiciled in these supported countries, which means you can use your Flaxx account to receive your Amazon payments and thereafter withdraw them to your personal bank account.
What Kind of Payments Can I Receive from Amazon Using Flaxx ?
You can process your Amazon payments with Flaxx as long as they are;
- Earnings from amazon affiliate links
- Amazon FBA earnings
- Earnings from verified products listed on Amazon
- Amazon KDP or eBook royalties for those who sell copies of their books on the platform
How to Receive Amazon KDP and Affiliate Payments in Nigeria with Flaxx
Before anything, you need to create your virtual USD, GBP, or EUR account from Grey. With this, you’d have all the required banking details like a SWIFT code, sort code, IBAN, and more.
Here’s a guide to follow on how to get yours…
How to Open a Flaxx Account;
- Sign up for a Grey account and ensure you’re verified
- On the dashboard, tap on ‘Accounts & Reports’ located at the left bar on your screen
- Tap on the account you’d want to create
- You’d get your account information in a few minutes
Once you have your account information, you can link it to your Amazon account.
For Amazon KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing)
- Log in to your Amazon Kindle account
- Click on ‘Your Account’
- Select ‘Getting paid’
- Enter your Flaxx virtual account details and Save
For Amazon Affiliates;
- Log in to your Amazon associates account
- Visit the settings page by hovering over your email address and scrolling towards ‘Payment and Tax information’
- Under this section, select ‘Change payment method.’
- Choose ‘Direct deposit.’
- Select the country that corresponds with your bank address, for example, if your Flaxx GBP account is located in London, select ‘United Kingdom’
- You’ll get a form – enter your Grey account details. Remember, your Grey virtual account is a checking account.
- Review the form and click on ‘Submit.’
- To register and verify your Flaxx account, follow this process
- Go to https://Flaxx.co
- On the left side corner, click on the three lines and choose Register
- Provide all your necessary details, including your Full name, email, Phone number and password.
- When you are done, click on create an account. Then the website will ask you to verify your email address.
- An OTP would be sent to your email to verify, input the OTP code and click on Verify. You will be verified immediately and your account will be activated successfully
- And there you have it, your account would be ready, you can simply login with your email and password to complete your KYC. They trade with the black market rate and receives deposit at zero cost.
- After ID verification, you can request virtual cards. You can request GBP, USD, Euro, and Naira bank accounts. Your USD account will be given to you immediately you request for one.
Getting your freelance payments from Amazon shouldn’t be tough. With a Flaxx account, you can receive money from anywhere in the world and swap it to your local currency.
We hope this article has helped make things a lot easier for your work. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and colleagues who also earn from Amazon.