Geegpay, popularly known as the Gig economy, and sometimes regarded as the payment or geegpay alternative for Nigerian freelancers is solely parented by Raenest and is seen as the labor market characterized by the prevalence of short-term contracts or freelance work as opposed to permanent jobs.
The perfect alternative for geegpay is Flaxx, it is fast, easy, reliable and relatively cheap, setting up an account is FREE and easy, unlike other payment platforms, the verification process is faster than usual, and you’ll just have to go through the KYC which takes 3 minutes to set up
Over the years most freelancers have relied on Geegpay to carry out their transactions after offering freelance service to their clients, most people have argued the credibility of Geegpay seeing that it had quite a lot of shortcomings in delivery and payment processing and so they’re always asking;
Is Geegpay legit or scam?
Well, let me quench the fire and satisfy your curiosity, the Geegpay platform is as legit as daylight although they have some really faulty service providing and often times failed transactions but in all, they are gradually climbing the ladder
Making a payment online on foreign platforms or receiving money from abroad is often stressful in Nigeria as we all know, but with platforms like Flaxx.co you can easily pay and receive dollar funds in your wallet without leaving your home or office.
The Geegpay platform is yet to gain the trust of most people because of the constant re occurrence of failed transactions, in this article today, I will be giving you everything you need to know about Geegpay and possibly in the end, leave you with a better recommendation to receive payment from abroad if you stay in Nigeria
Top Geegpay Alternative For Nigerian Freelancers in 2022 ( Flaxx.co)
Geegpay is a financial platform that allows people basically Nigerians to receive money from abroad and make online payments. It is the one of the very good alternative to popular online payment platforms.
It does not matter where you reside, As long as you have a verified account with Geegpay, you can use it to receive a dollar or euro funds.Many Nigerians especially freelancers do have problems receiving money with them occasionally. And most times they find it difficult to make withdrawals.
Geegpay isn’t so different from other platforms. When you sign up on Geegpay, you will need to verify your address and ID, before you can create a virtual account and card. You can use the account to receive money from anywhere using the card to pay on any platform while shopping.When someone sends you money, it is automatically sent to the Geegpay wallet. Then you can exchange it from the wallet to your country’s currency and then place withdrawal.
Geegpay Exchange Rate
Geegpay charges 0.9% from the amount you receive. They have different exchange rates depending on the currency. Now that we are done evaluating likely outcomes of using a Geegpay account, here is my recommendation for an alternative.
Flaxx is fast, easy, reliable and relatively cheap, setting up an account is FREE and easy, unlike other payment platforms, the verification process is faster than usual, and you’ll just have to go through the KYC which takes 3 minutes to set up
They deal and exchange at the Nigerian black market rate, they are most definitely guys you should look out for when it comes to international payment processing here in Nigeria
Strengths and Weaknesses of Geegpay
- Their website is coated with pointers addressing the pain points of the average Nigerian working for a foreign client, they have a virtual card which is cool and a Physical MasterCard which is great…
- They are about to launch their mobile app on Google play store and Appstore
- They transact in USD, GBP, and EUR for their customers
- They enjoy borrowed authority and credibility from their parent company Raenest
- Their website looks great and they leverage on social proof creatively, they also generate invoices for their customers to send to their clients which makes them stand out
- They have a list of frequently asked Q & A on their website to make customer experience a little better, they also have a direct support email.
- They have an awful response rate on Facebook
- Customers complaints are not well managed at all
- They don’t have an independent brand personality, they rely on their parent company for funding, authority and credibility
- Unresponsive customer service when needed
- Works well with PayPal, Payoneer, and Amazon
- Virtual Account for PayPal Verification and International Payment
- Accept credit and debit cards, Alipay, Applepay and so much more
- Works well with other freelance services like Upwork and Fiverr
I have tested the website for myself and everything is functional. The USD account here can be used in withdrawing funds from PayPal, Payoneer, Amazon, Upwork and Fiver. Like Grey and Payoneer, creating a virtual account is free, and you only need to prove your identity in four easy steps.
You can also link this virtual account to PayPal or Payoneer so that you can withdraw your funds at the black market rate. I guess everybody knows Payoneer’s rate is very low. The rate right now will be about NGN430, which is the official CBN rate. If you still withdraw from Payoneer straight to your Naira account, you are losing a lot of money and leaving out the better part on the table.
How to Register for a Flaxx Account
- To register and verify your Flaxx account, follow this process,
- Go to https://Flaxx.co
- On the left side corner, click on the three lines and choose Register
- Provide all your necessary details, including your Full name, email, Phone number and password.
- When you are done, click on create an account. Then the website will ask you to verify your email address.
- An OTP would be sent to your email to verify, input the OTP code and click on Verify. You will be verified immediately and your account will be activated successfully
- And there you have it, your account would be ready, you can simply login with your email and password to complete your KYC. They trade with the black market rate and receives deposit at zero cost.
- After ID verification, you can request virtual cards. You can request GBP, USD, Euro, and Naira bank accounts. Your USD account will be given to you immediately you request for one.
Flaxx is currently the best alternative to Geegpay for Nigerians. The account can be linked to your PayPal for withdrawal, and you can also use it as your payment method for other platforms that request international payment.
It works so well with USD, Euro and GBP bank account as well as a 24 hour customer service. I hope you had a good read, if you have any questions or reservations, let me know in the comment section below.
I would definitely love to hear your thoughts.